Some observations from the SOTU last night based solely on social media.
1. Some snarky responses from the GOP.
2. Fun was had on Bing Pulse last night.
3. Lots of clapping and cute and/or "cheesy" moments...
4. Lots of responses of note... Like observing that the politics of austerity are over; some of the glaring omissions; how Janet Yellen's appointment may change the way the economy goes; Conservative responses to SOTU, including Mike Lee, Cathy McMorris Rodgers, and Rand Paul.
5. I had my students respond to the White House's call for questions before and after the SOTU all through out this week. Asking kids what they really think are the pressing issues is both IMPRESSIVE and AWESOME. I am super proud for the wide variety of issues my kids brought up, ranging from dealing with minimum wage, sexual assault legislation, higher education, college loans, Social Security and MyRA, immigration reform, bipartisan efforts, Chinese trade relations, death penalty, healthcare, national debt, gun control, GMOs, income inequality, job creation, the shutdown, clean air and water, executive orders vs. legislation, and NSA wiretapping.
THE FUTURE'S SO BRIGHT...
Photo via Flickr/Ted Eytan